Trekking Equipment List for Trekking in Nepal
Equipment is very important to have a much comfortable and successful trek in the Himalayas. So, you need to pack your gear carefully and carry only the things that you need for the trekking and not pack anything that you do not need.
To help you to pack your gear, we have given some list that you should not miss while you are packing for the trek in Nepal.
- Four seasons sleeping bag (we provide you one if you do not have).
- Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep all your gear, which will be carried by the porter.
- Daypack for yourself to keep your things, such as a camera, water, and things that you need for the day.
- A small lockable bag to keep the extra stuff that you do not use on the trek, and this can be kept at the hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara and get a return after the trekking.
- A down Jacket (we provide you one if you do not have
- Shade hat
- Warm wool hat to cover your ears
- A pair of light-weight warm gloves
- T-shirts 2 pieces
- Lightweight thermal tops
- A fleece jackets
- Raincoat (if you are traveling in monsoon time)
- A pair of trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts.
- Some pairs of warm socks
- A pair of light to medium weight waterproof hiking/trekking boots
- A pair of light trekking shoes or sandals for camp/lodges
- A water bottles
- Head/torch Light
- A medium-size towel
- Walking poles (optional)
Medicines and First Aid Kits
- We recommend consulting with your doctor for medication and suggestions before making a trek booking.
Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies), these extra passport photos are necessary to obtain the trekking permits.
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip balm at least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun cream with SPF 40
- Pocket knife
- Water purification Iodine tablets (optional)
- Toiletry kit and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
Note: We advise you to have your own sleeping bag and down as they fit well when you use them. However, We at Outfitter Himalaya provide duffel bag, down jacket and sleeping bag to use on trek when you book a trek with us, which have to be return once the trek is completed. And, you should have the rest of the equipment yousefl, you can also buy these equipments in Kathmandu at good price.