Accommodation in Trekking routes in Nepal
There are many types of trekking by the accommodation type. We have a tented camp trek in Nepal that is named after the accommodation we used on a trek. The trek, where there is no guesthouse/lodge accommodation available, and we arrange tented camp, which we call tented camp trek. Some of the trekking trails in Nepal offer homestay accommodation, which means you stay in people’s homes, and we call them homestay trekking in Nepal.
And, now, we are talking about lodge trekking or tea house trekking. You stay and eat at the available lodges, guest houses, or tea houses on trekking trails, which we call tea house trekking in Nepal.
Guest House accommodations are widely available in the most popular trekking regions of Nepal. The Everest, Annapurna, Langtang, Manaslu & Upper Mustang are the most popular trekking regions in Nepal, and they offer good guest house accommodation.
Features of Guesthouse accommodation on trekking in Nepal
- Guesthouses are made of stone and wood, and roofs of tin. They are mostly made in the typical Nepali style. However, there are some modern buildings made in some big towns of the areas.
- Guesthouses on trekking trails are run by family members. There are facilities for solar power, a hot shower in the common bathroom, a telephone, some have western toilets too & a small bar.
- Most of the rooms in these guesthouses do not have attached bathrooms and there are 1 or 2 common bathrooms for all.
- There is separate dining in a big single dining table with a kerosene heater inside or a wood heater in the middle.
- The bedrooms do not have A/C (a warm sleeping bag is mandatory to carry), and they also provide a blanket in thigh altitude places if your sleeping bag is not enough.
- These guest houses have Food Menu in English with some simple English-speaking staff.
- The bedrooms in these guest houses are basic, and just a bed with a pillow. Please, remember that some of them are very basic, and a sense of adventure is necessary.
- The bedrooms are mostly twin beds, with two separate beds in each room. A room for a single person is hard to find. Single rooms are available during the off-season time. And, if you travel in peak season, you should share a room with other trekkers of the same gender (sometimes even with unknown) cause of fewer guest houses and rooms available in high altitude places.
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek route (after the Chhomrung), not only 2 people share the room, you may have to share the room in a dormitory as well, 4 to 6 people sleep in one room, and there will be a separate bed for each.
- There are better guest houses available on Everest Base Camp Trek these days. There is better accommodation with attached bathrooms available in Lukla, Phakding, Namche & Dingbuche Villages.
- There is some Luxury hotel available in some of the towns of Everest Base camp Trek such as Yeti Mountain Chain Hotel, Everest View Hotel in Syangbuche & Summit Lodges chain hotels.
We hope that the above information is useful to know some things about the accommodations for trekking in Nepal. And, let us know if you need any particular information about the accommodation of any particular trekking region in Nepal.